Working closely with the Director of Digital Pedagogy & Scholarship and other members of the DP&S team, the Assistant Director should expect to be engaged in and also to lead large campus-wide projects and internal DP&S projects, and to consult with individual faculty.
Duties and Responsibilities
- directly supervises three Digital Pedagogy Specialists and the Digital Pedagogy & Scholarship Specialist for Video
- assists the Director with the development of strategic departmental initiatives and plans
- facilitates the implementation of larger and more complex initiatives of the work group, such as: blended learning; flipped classroom development; digital scholarship; and the creation and use of open educational resources
- assures that the work and contributions of DP&S members are meeting team, organization and University goals through active programmatic review and assessment
- works closely with Library and Information Technology (L&IT) Project Managers to coordinate L&IT resources and regularly report the progress of DP&S initiatives and projects to campus leadership
- collaborates–and develops relationships–with other L&IT departments to develop innovative academic projects, moving them from pilot phases to eventual widespread campus adoption; actively identifies possible points for integration and closer interaction
- develops, coordinates, organizes, and leads DP&S-sponsored faculty events and programs such as presentations, workshops, lectures, demonstrations, and targeted learning communities.
- works closely with the Teaching and Learning Center on faculty development programs
- authors reports and gives presentations to a variety of campus constituents, ranging from Deans and other academic administrators to departments and individual faculty members
- in support of student learning and faculty scholarship, collaborates with faculty to explore technologies that may represent new opportunities for learning and growth at Bucknell
- works with other DP&S team members to ensure that all faculty feel connected to one or more team members
- assures that technology tools and solutions designed to support faculty instruction are reliable, well-maintained and effectively supported
- participates in outreach services and marketing and assessment programs to improve services
- actively participates in the instructional technology profession at both the national and regional level
- when necessary, serves as a lead point of contact for the workgroup
- collaborates with faculty and Research Services librarians to both support and inspire academic users of information resources and instructional technology in order to enhance teaching and learning
The Assistant Director maintains a deep knowledge of current and emerging trends, issues, and best practices in the areas of: faculty outreach; pedagogy and instruction; information literacy/technology competency; blended learning; multi-media production; web technologies; desktop tools; and the wide variety of technology appliances. The Assistant Director uses this knowledge and experience to identify relevant initiatives for local exploration and possible implementation at Bucknell.