The Digital Pedagogy & Scholarship Specialist is directly responsible for supporting and adding value to the education Bucknell students receive. He/She works directly with faculty in the application of technology by identifying, exploring, promoting and supporting technology solutions and projects that benefit student learning and faculty instruction, with particular emphasis on video-related work. As part of the University’s academic programs, the Digital Pedagogy & Scholarship Specialist supports the development and production of a wide range of audio, video and multimedia materials and projects. This includes serving as the primary contact for support issues related to media editing, production and storage.
The Digital Pedagogy & Scholarship Specialist fully engages with faculty and students to provide relevant instruction, outreach and support for teaching, learning and scholarship through the creation and application of technology.
The Digital Pedagogy & Scholarship Specialist for Video:
- Is responsible for the oversight of a dynamic and adaptable digital media program that effectively supports faculty and students at all levels of expertise.
- Provides operational oversight of the Digital Video Editing Lab, including account creation and storage allocation for students, faculty and staff needs, and actively maintains and supports Lab equipment, assuring its smooth operation.
- Works closely with the User Services and Technology Support groups to insure that the Digital Video Editing Lab and classrooms are properly configured, imaged and functioning as expected.
- Collaborates with faculty to explore technologies that may represent new opportunities for Bucknell faculty in the classroom, in support of student learning or scholarship and serves as a primary teaching resource for media intensive courses focusing on media production and editing.
- Provides specialized instruction, advice and guidance in the application of technology by collaboratively and independently designing, teaching and/or assisting with workshops and one-on-one instruction for faculty, students and staff to support the use of multimedia, media production and instructional applications supported by the University.
- Trains and supervises student staff that provide direct digital media production support and other advanced application support in the Digital Video Editing Lab.
- Participates in decisions about the priorities of various instructional technology projects.
- Keeps apprised of developments in the field, make recommendations on new technologies and purchases.
The Digital Pedagogy & Scholarship Specialist for Video develops and maintains an understanding of the aims and needs of the University’s teaching, learning and research programs through active consultation with faculty, administrators and information technology peers. Collaborates with faculty and Research Services librarians to inspire and support academic users of information resources and instructional technology to enhance teaching and learning.