As a member of the Digital Pedagogy and Scholarship Group, the Digital Pedagogy Specialist collaborates with faculty, staff, and students to utilize technological solutions in the fulfillment of teaching and learning objectives. The specialist supports services such as online and hybrid course development and the effective use of digital tools to enhance teaching, learning, and research at the University.
The Digital Pedagogy Specialist:
- collaborates with faculty, staff, and students to explore and implement emerging technologies that may foster new modes of learning and scholarship
- provides specialized instruction, advice, and guidance in the application of technology–especially in the development of blended/hybrid courses and open educational resources
- coordinates, develops, organizes, and leads events and programs such as presentations, workshops, lectures, demonstrations, and faculty learning communities
- assures that technology tools and solutions that support faculty instruction are reliable, well-maintained, and supported effectively
- supports other members of the Digital Pedagogy & Scholarship team in providing coverage to the campus community
- works with Research Services librarians to promote information literacy and resources across campus
- actively identifies possible points of collaboration with other areas within Library & Information Technology and other stakeholders across campus
- participates in and helps implement assessment efforts in the department
- regularly contributes to Digital Pedagogy and Scholarship’s outreach services, project documentation, and internal and external communications
- moves forward team, organization, and University strategic plans
- contributes to broader conversations around digital pedagogy at both the regional and national level
The Specialist maintains a deep knowledge of current and emerging trends, issues, and best practices in faculty outreach, instruction, information literacy/technology competency, blended learning, multi-media production, web technologies, and desktop tools.