The Digital Scholarship Coordinator partners with faculty to drive the effective integration of technology to enhance teaching, learning and research. In addition to focusing on digital scholarship, the Digital Scholarship Coordinator regularly collaborates with other Digital Pedagogy & Scholarship team members, faculty and senior administrators to think strategically about the intersection of the humanities, social sciences, technology and public outreach in teaching and scholarship throughout the university.
The Digital Scholarship Coordinator:
- Provides guidance to faculty members on digital scholarship projects from development through completion
- Collaborates with faculty in the humanities and social sciences to design digital scholarship courses and teach related workshops and/or course sessions
- Advises university community, both one-on-one and in more formal presentation formats, about trends and best practices in digital pedagogy
- Works closely with L&IT administration and L&IT Project Manager, coordinates Library and IT resources on Bucknell’s digital scholarship projects
- Oversees the development of Bucknell’s Digital Scholarship Center as a lively and engaging focal point for digital scholarship at Bucknell. Serves as lead coordinator for the services and program of the Center, continuing to bring creative ideas/programs/opportunities to the center, based on formal and informal assessment and feedback.
- Coordinates, develops, organizes and leads events and programs including presentations, workshops, lectures, demonstrations, and faculty learning communities to inform departments and programs about trends in digital scholarship
- identifies relevant tools and initiatives for exploration and possible implementation at Bucknell
- Investigates and shares information on funding opportunities, particularly those related to GIS, spatial thinking, and digital scholarship
- Distributes information on opportunities for professional development including conferences, webinars, and opportunities to work collaboratively with other institutions
- Actively identifies possible points for integration and closer interaction with other areas of Library & IT
- Works with other digital pedagogy specialists and librarians to support instructional and informational programs and activities
- Participates in and contributes to the development of marketing and outreach services within the library
- Contributes to the library’s assessment program to improve services and user engagement
- Actively participates in the instructional technology/digital scholarship profession at both the national and regional levels
The Digital Scholarship Coordinator keeps abreast of changing technology generally and its application in the higher education environment specifically. In addition, the coordinator maintains a deep knowledge of current and emerging trends, issues, and best practices in digital scholarship including tools such as WordPress, Omeka, and Drupal.