Mission: To partner with faculty to drive the effective integration of technology to enhance teaching, learning and research.
Digital Pedagogy & Scholarship is located on the third floor of Bertrand Library. DP&S staff are committed to collaborating with faculty and staff to enrich the experiences of learning, teaching and research at Bucknell. The form such collaboration might take varies depending on your role at Bucknell and the specific needs of your project. Read on for a description of the work we do. See our Showcase for examples of collaborations with students and faculty.
DP&S staff work with faculty to support specific tools and engage in conversations about specialized course or research projects to better match our technology choices with our campus’ academic practices.
Some areas we offer consulting services include:
- Digital scholarship projects
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) in the classroom and for exploratory investigations and research
- Digital and multimodal media projects
- Assignment planning and rubric development
- Planning in-class workshops to train students in relevant tools and methodologies
- Instructional design for blended learning or flipped classrooms
- Use of our Learning Management System, Moodle
- Introduction to web publishing tools such as WordPress and Omeka
Projects that involve technology often include multiple components and a significant amount of planning time. Contacting us early in the process will allow us to better assist you.
Student Technology Support at Bucknell University
Digital Pedagogy & Scholarship supports student use of technology in many ways:
- In-class training – Faculty who are planning an assignment using technology can request in-class training on technologies for their students. Some of the past technologies for which Digital Pedagogy & Scholarship has done in-class trainings include GIS, video production and editing, audio podcasting, and blog writing using WordPress.
- Multimedia Consultants -Digital Pedagogy & Scholarship’s Multimedia Consultants are available during evening hours in the Digital Video Editing Lab on LL1 of the Bertrand Library. Many of our Multimedia Consultants are Film/Media Studies majors or minors who have extensive experience with the video production and editing process.
- One-to-one instruction on specific technologies or projects with Digital Pedagogy & Scholarship staff is available by appointment. Write to DPS@Bucknell.edu to inquire about training possibilities.
For more information about our support for student use of technology, please contact us at DPS@Bucknell.edu.